Are you looking for aadhar card address change ? Do you want make aadhar card correction and update your address ? Aadhar card address change is very important because Aadhar has become the most essential document. So if you are here searching to learn more about Aadhar card address change or correction, then you are at the right place.
In this exclusive article, we will share with our readers , an easy to understand, step by step guide about how to accomplish Aadhar card address change easily and without paying any agent any money. Our method for aadhar card correction is fully verified and works flawlessly as long as you follow our instruction exactly as mentioned below .
Why Aadhar card address error happens?
In many cases it is found that aadhar card has wrong address. The reason could be either from user’s end or it could also be because of error in typing by the aadhar card operator at the time of aadhar card enrollment. Also at times, many Indian citizen fills the aadhar enrollment form in regional language which further creates confusion while translating it into default English language. Many times , people rely upon others to fill their aadhar enrollment form which makes it even more prone to spelling errors.
Who needs Aadhar card address change ?
Anyone who has either moved to a new location or has errors in their existing aadhar card. These days professional switch companies across India to excel in their career so it very important that one should keep their aadhar card updated with the latest address.
How to initiate Aadhar card address change ?
Aadhar card address change can be done through Aadhaar Self Service Update Portal or through aadhar card center. Online Aadhar card address change is much more convenient than physically going to an aadhar card center in your city.
STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTION TO CHANGE AADHAR CARD ADDRESS ONLINE
- Go to Official UIDAI Update site here
- Enter the aadhar card number for which you want to update address
- Type the captcha exactly as shown in the image
- Click on send OTP
- Once you receive the SMS on your registered mobile, enter the One-Time-Password and hit submit.
- Select the field you want to update. If you want to change address then select address. You can select more than one option if you wish to.
- Write your complete address with proper pin code and nearest landmark. Your updated fresh aadhar card send to the new address after verification
- It is not mandatory to provide C/O details while correcting your address in Aadhaar
- Upload a scanned copy of any of the supported document as proof of address ( POA) . (The complete list of supported document can be found below in this article itself )
- Submit. You will receive a URN (Update Request Number) on the screen . Please keep this number safely for future reference .
It takes anywhere between a few days to a couple a weeks to finish the update process by the UADAI team. Once the process completes, you will receive a notification SMS on your registered mobile. You can also check the status of your update request online by providing your URN number and track the progress.
List of Supported document for Aadhar Card Address Change
- Indian Passport
- Bank Statement or Passbook of any National Bank
- Post Office of India Account Statement/Passbook
- Ration Card
- Voter Identity Card
- Driving License issued by Regional Transport of India
- Latest Electricity Bill of residence
- Recent Water bill
- BSNL Telephone Landline Bill
- Property Holding Tax Receipt
- Recent Credit Card Statement
- Pensioner Identity Card
- Valid Arms License
- Freedom Fighter Card
- Kissan Passbook
- Vehicle Registration Certificate
- Latest Gas Connection Bill
- Passport of Spouse
- Marriage Certificate issued by the Govt
- Certificate of Address issued by Village Panchayat head or equivalent