Last updated on January 30th, 2018 at 04:54 pm
Want to learn how to edit footer in WordPress ? Perhaps you don’t like the way it look ? Or is not happy with its color and placement. While these reasons could be good enough, but most users want to get rid of link credits or annoying advertisement that is hard coded into the footer. Whatever maybe your reason to edit footer in WordPress, we will help you learn how to edit footer in WordPress easily even if this is the first time you are using WordPress.
WordPress is a powerful content management system, which can be further enhanced with the help of themes and plugin. WordPress themes are ready to use templates that can quickly change the entire look of your website within seconds upon activation. There are several themes available on the market, you can choose from a wide range of free themes or can even pick a premium paid WordPress theme.
Steps to edit footer in WordPress
- Open WordPress Admin Dashboard
- Hover over Appearance menu on the left, which should open a new section
- Click on “Editor” which should open a new page within admin panel
- Search for footer.php on the right side of your screen from the list of files
- Click to open the footer.php file and locate the section which you want to edit or remove.
- NOTE : before editing anything with the file content, please copy and paste the entire code of footer.php into a plain text file and save it incase something goes wrong. (Usually you will be fine, but always better to be safe )
- You can delete the sections which usually starts with a <div> or you can simply alter the text or hyperlink or copyright message based on your requirement.
I hope this article will help you change and edit your footer to your liking. If you are aware of a better method or is unable to edit your footer for some reason, please use the comment section on this article to let us know and I will do my best to help you.