Last updated on October 12th, 2016 at 08:25 pm
Are you getting Server DNS Address Could not be Found when trying to access your favorite website ? Server DNS Address Could not be Found will make website inaccessible on your browser and thus cause serious issues. Server DNS Address Could not be Found can happen on any browser, be it be Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox or any other modern Browser. Server DNS Address Could not be Found is also referred as ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED and both are technically the same issue in a broader sense.
In this article we will discuss why someone gets Server DNS Address Could not be Found error and what steps one should take to fix Server DNS Address Could not be Found or ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED errors while trying to access any website. Please follow our easy to understand tutorial carefully to resolve DNS issues.
The first thing we need to find out is whether the problem is with your local computer or with the website you are trying to access. To do so we first open this website status finder and check if the website in question is actually down for everyone of just you. If website checker reports that it just you then we can be sure the problem is with your Computer . If the website in question is down for everyone, then there is nothing you can do than wait, unless you yourself own or have administrative access to that particular website. Please follow the step by step guide to fix SERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED on your computer.
Server DNS Address Could not be Found Fix
In this section, we will provide you with an detailed instruction on how to change your DNS settings and o use Google robust and super fast DNS instead of your default slow ISP DNS. While windows has so many version, this instruction manual is for windows 7 to give you enough idea and understanding on how to change DNS setting on your windows PC irrespective of its version.
- Navigate to Control Panel
- Click On Network and Sharing Center
- Click Change Adapter Settings
- Select the specified network that connects to the Internet
- Open Property Dialog window for your network adapter. To do so follow these steps and provide administrative password if asked for.
- Wired Adapter – Local Area Connection > Properties.
- For Wireless Adapters – Wireless Network Connection > Properties.
- Under Networking Tab, Select TCP/IPV 4 or TCP/IPV6 depending on your ISP, next click Properties which should open a new window
- Under the General Tab, select “Use the following DNS server addresses” and input the IP address as follows :
- Preferred DNS server : 18.104.22.168
- Alternate DNS server : 22.214.171.124
- For IPV6 use the following details *
- Preferred DNS server – 2001:4860:4860::8888
- Alternate DNS server – 2001:4860:4860::8844
- Click OK and Close.
Restarting your PC, modem or router is an good idea once successfully completed the steps mentioned above. If after all this, you are still not able to resolve Server DNS Address Could not be Found, then please do not hesitate to get in touch with us, and we will be glad to assist you.