Nearly 21% of mobile web users, leave your website halfway due to annoying slow page loading. Do you want to capitalize and want them to enjoy your content and be a loyal reader of your blog posts and articles ? If Yes, then you must continue reading further.
In this Article, you will learn everything about WordPress AMP Pages. Here you will also know the relationship between WordPress and AMP Pages. Further I will also try to inform my readers about the usage and Benefits of using of using AMP on WordPress.
What is AMP ?
Google clearly started that they are very much excited about this project and is backing it completely because they believe the present scenario of mobile web experience is very unsatisfactory. There aim is to make web accessible to everyone but then mobile data can be very costly , AMP reduces the data usage to bare minimum which would encourage many users to access the web without worrying about paying heavy data usage. If you have a site connected to Google Search Console, you already see a new section for Accelerated Mobile Pages.
How to Add AMP to WordPress ?
WordPress now empowers almost 25% of all website available and if such a major chunk is deprevied or kept waiting to experience a technology as awesome as AMP, i bet it would a shame for all of us. Fortunately Automatic ( The WordPress Team) has been working behind the scene to be well prepared by the time Google launched AMP support.
- Before anything make sure you wordpress is upto date. AMP may break on older version of AMP.
- Install AMP plugin from Official WordPress Site
- Once installed go to any of your blog post and check if the AMP version is displayed properly . If you use pretty permalinks then just add/amp to the end of the url otherwise you can append ?amp=1 at the end of the url
- Please not that Pages and archives are currently not supported and there is no word if they would be in near future.
- Make sure your current wordpress template is upto date because you may need to tweak a few lines of code if your use unofficial theme.
- Head over to Google AMP testing tool and check your blog url for validation.
- If you encounter any validation error , just follow the guidelines and can add the necessary codes easily.
- If you use Yoast Seo then you must a Addon for AMP otherwise your AMP pages may break. To do so simply install the perfect fevicol for AMP and WordPress
That’s about it . Wait for google to pick up your AMP pages and it matter of days or two you can see them in your google webmaster search console.
Some Bonus Tips for Wordpress AMP
 Make sure each and every post of your has atleast one image. Update ( if you use Yoast Glue for AMP, you set a default image for posts that does not have any image)
If you get Publisher Image Missing , just go to Yoast SEO -> General Settings -> Company -> Upload Logo
 The ideal size for Publisher Logo should be 600 X 60 px
 If you get want to use Header and footers, you can do so by adding a couple of lines to your functions.php. You can read more about it here
 If you use any kid of caching plugin, make sure you rebuild the cache.
That’s it for now. I hope you thoroughly enjoyed this article on WordPress AMP. DO let me know know if you see any information missing as far as WordPress AMP is concerned.